Rosemont’s International Programme offers girls age 12-17 the opportunity to live in Ireland and study in Rosemont for a full academic year or half year.
At Rosemont School, we believe in the education of the whole person. Students at Rosemont are given the tools to develop academically, personally, socially, and spiritually. This programme is designed specifically as a platform to help students develop skills and grow in personal responsibility. The experience of living in Ireland provides students with the ideal context to develop their personality, acquire self-knowledge, form positive habits, and reinforce the values learnt at home.
What does the programme offer?
EDUCATION – PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – EXPERIENCE
Rosemont School has brand new facilities making it the ideal location for students to experience Irish education. Learning in an Irish school gives them the opportunity to make Irish friends, learn from a new culture, and have a wider perspective in their education.
- Additional EFL Classes (English as a Foreign Language) during the school week
- Preparation for the Cambridge Certificate
- Students receive school uniforms, textbooks, and transportation to and from school.
- Classes Offered:
|Core Subjects||Subjects for 16 &17 Year Olds|
- In Transition Year or 4th Year (16 years old), students will:
- gain work experience
- learn through independent exploration
- develop a variety of skills outside of the classroom
- The following after school activities are available for Rosemont students:
- Supervised study
- Sports – Basketball, Netball, Hockey, Tennis and Athletics.
- Chess club
The programme is designed to help each student develop into the best version of themselves. They are presented with all the tools and opportunities necessary for their personal growth and development. The girls will grow in maturity, independence, self-confidence, and learn how to use their freedom responsibly.
- Tutor: The international tutor is available to the students and parents at all times for any of their needs. The tutor monitors the students’ progress and the achievement of their personal targets.
- Coaching: Students have a personal coach who helps them to set goals and challenges them to make the most of their time abroad.
The Academic Year is not only about academic success and development, but also about giving the students a true cultural experience that will enable them to have unforgettable memories.
- Living with an Irish host family, the girls experience full-immersion in Irish life and culture, while also having the comfort of living in a family environment.
- Families are selected in order to provide the best possible combination of student and family.
- Each Saturday, the students participate in various trips and activities for a more complete, enriching cultural encounter.
- These are just a few of the places that they will visit:
- CULTURAL: Titanic Museum, Guinness Factory, Butlers Chocolate Factory, Waterford Crystal Factory, Botanical Gardens, Aquarium.
- SPORTS: Tennis, ice skating, surfing, golf, hiking.
- LEISURE: Riverdance, Irish dance, bowling, cinema, zip-lining, laser tag, Viking tours, Irish farms.
- TRIPS: Cliffs of Moher, Glendalough, Belfast, Galway, Cork, Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny.
Trips around Europe
- Optional trips will be organized to various locations in Europe to allow the students to get the most out of living in Europe. They will visit the following locations:
*The trips abroad are not included in programme fees.